Records & Rankings
Victorian and Australian Rankings
Please email Vivienne Kennedy, Victorian Selector with any queries, errors or submissions regarding rankings. Click here for link to Swimming Australia Australian Rankings (Male, Female and All-Time) or rankings can also be found at swimclub.
Victorian and Australian Records
Please email Damian Arnold with any queries, submissions and errors.
Record Application Forms
- When records are broken at either a Swimming Victoria (SV) or Swimming Australia (SAL) meet, e.g. Victorian Championships and Australian Age Championships, these records are updated within 14 days of the swim automatically.
- For all other meets you must apply for the record as results are not automatically checked. The meet must be a Swimming Victoria approved qualifying meet.
- Applications must be received by the SV office within 30 days from the day of the swim. Applications may be rejected if received late or the meet was not granted qualifying status.
- SV recognise short course and long course records in open and age group categories, as well as event records in particular competitions. In order to hold a Victorian record the competitor must be an Australian citizen. The following definitions apply:
- Victorian Record - best time swum by a competitor currently registered with SV
- Victorian All Comers Record - Best Time swum within Victoria
- Open - Swum by a competitor of any age
- Age Group - Swum by a competitor of a particular age group. A competitor may only be credited with a record in his/ her age group
- Long Course records - events swum over a 50 metre course. Records will be recognized for all events listed in Schedule A4 and A6 of the SV Competition By Laws plus any individual events not listed which are swum at the Australian Age Group Championships
- Short Course Records - events swum over a 25 metre course. Records will be recognized for all events listed in Schedule A1 of the SV Competition By Laws
- Country Records - the best time swum by a competitor registered with an affiliated Country Club. Records will be recognized for events listed in schedule A5 of the SV Competition By Laws
- Event Records - the fastest time swum in the designated competition. Event records are recognised in Country Championships, All Junior Competitions and All Schools Competitions
- Reference for records kept in Victoria, refer to the Swimming Victoria Competition By Law 2